Late yesterday evening, after many hours of debate and deliberation, the Senate passed a budget that included the Governor’s proposal for Medicaid Expansion. Through a bipartisan vote of 19-11, the Senate passed SB 1492 which included an amendment from Senator John McComish that would fully expand Medicaid.
Please take a moment today to thank those Senators who voted in favor of the expansion of Medicaid and for keeping domestic violence victims, survivors and their child(ren) healthy and safe.
Who to Contact:
Senator Ed Albeser: email@example.com
Senator David Bradley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Olivia Cajero Bedford: email@example.com
Senator Rich Crandall: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Adam Driggs: email@example.com
Senator Steve Farley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Steve Gallardo: email@example.com
Senator Katie Hobbs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Jack Jackson: email@example.com
Senator Leah Landrum Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Linda Lopez: email@example.com
Senator John McComish: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Barbara McGuire: email@example.com
Senator Robert Meza: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Lynne Pancrazi: email@example.com
Senator Steve Pierce: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Michele Reagan: email@example.com
Senator Anna Tovar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Bob Worsley: email@example.com
What to say in your email: Tell them why the expansion of Medicaid will be helpful for victims of domestic violence. If you have any personal stories of how the expansion will positively impact you, please share them. You can also use the following talking points as a template.
- I am a [constituent/victim advocate/survivor] and my name is _______.
- I would like to thank Senator______ for voting yes on SB 1492 (health; welfare; budget reconciliation).
- Domestic violence is a public health issue of epidemic proportions.
- Nationally, the costs of domestic violence exceed $5.8 billion annually $4.1 billion on direct medical and mental health services (CDC, 2003).
- Your vote in favor of the expansion of Medicaid at the Governor’s request will ensure that domestic violence survivors and their child(ren) have access to high quality health care in their times of crisis while also improving their health and safety.
- The services provided through Medicaid will be critically important for victims and their families by helping them manage the cost and accessibility of health care so that they may lead healthy and productive lives.
- Thank you for supporting Medicaid and for your continued support to keep victims and their child(ren) healthy and safe throughout Arizona.
It’s easy, it’s fast and it’s effective.
Please let us know if you thank our Senators. If you have questions, please contact the Systems Advocacy Department at 602-279-2900.
Thank you for your advocacy!