Founded in 1984, Victim/Witness Services was originally formed as the Impact Crisis Team and functioned solely as an advocacy program. Since then, the organization has grown to include 10 outreach and support programs. Victim/Witness Services helps hundreds of victims and witnesses each year through crisis and the criminal justice process in its entirety.
Mission: Victim/Witness Services offers compassionate support and resources to victims, witnesses and survivors of crime and crisis.
Vision: We envision Victim/Witness Services for Coconino County as a leader in providing responsive, relevant, high-quality advocacy for victims of crime in Coconino County.
Date : August 12, 2013
Position : Director of Finance and Business
Department : Administration
Status : Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Closing Date : September 2nd, 2013
Anticipated Start Date: September 23rd, 2013
Funds : SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
Nature of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Finance Director oversees accounting, manages financial health, oversees the Victim Compensation Program and participates in fundraising functions of the agency.
- Participates in the development annual agency budget
- Makes and codes all bank deposits
- Prepares all accounts payable for the accountant to enter and cut checks
- Records bank deposits and reconciles bank statements
- Reviews all payroll taxes and 990’s prepared by accountant
Works with accountant and Executive Director to prepare for and complete annual financial audit
- Works with accountant and Executive Director to prepare for all board meetings
- Completes amendments to and reporting for all contracts.
- Assists in the planning and execution of all fundraising events to include: recruiting participants, obtaining sponsorships, soliciting donations for live auction, silent auction and raffle, coordinating volunteers and staff at event
- Develops and maintains donor database
- Assists in budget aspects of grant application
- Develops and coordinates agency marketing
- Participates in grant writing from the financial perspective
Victim Compensation Program:
- Coordinates the processing and payments of victim’s compensation payments
- Oversees coordinator’s investigation of claim
- Presentation of claim to the Victim Compensation Board
- Negotiation with providers and direct client service
- Track and report all spending and allocations to Victim Compensation Board and Arizona Criminal Justice Commission.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and manages paid time off for all employees
- Assures that all Human Resources forms are completed for each employee
- Coordinates employee benefits and open enrollment
- Participates in the upkeep of employee personnel files
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of:
- Non-profit finance management
- Human resources practices and procedures
- Working with a non-profit board
Working knowledge of:
- QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet development
- Database management
- Budget development and maintenance
- Analyzing data and writing reports
- File and records maintenance
Considerable skill in:
- Business English, spelling, math, punctuation and grammar
- Basic accounting and non-profit practices
- Event planning and management
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Victim/Witness Services employees, the general public, and colleagues from other agencies
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Deal impartially with all individuals
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Public Relations or a related field and five (five) years work experience. Non-profit and event management experience a plus.
Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Salary: $38,000-41,000 DOE, DOQ *This is an exempt position; not eligible for overtime compensation
To apply: Contact Myra Ferell-Womochil, Executive Director at email@example.com
Victim Witness Services Coconino County210 E. Birch Ave., Suite 4
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
p: (928) 679-7770 f: (928) 214-8775