|Title||Part-Time/On Call Caseworker|
|Location||East Valley Area, AZ|
Catholic Charities Community Services currently seeking a qualified, caring individuals to work in our Domestic Violence Shelter providing services to clients.
This position is Overnight Part-Time/On Call, (including weekends and holidays).
Salary starting at $13.37 an hour
Responsible for covering of assigned shift in a domestic violence shelter (My Sister’s Place) which is assigned on an on-call basis (not a regular schedule). Shelter is located in the East Valley area.
1.Provides professional casework and crisis counseling to shelter residents
2. Develops and/or updating service plans with clients
3. Maintains accurate, professional documentation in client files for each shift covered
4. Answers telephone crisis lines and maintaining accurate documentation on phone log
5. Provides referrals for community resources
6. Perform any other job-related tasks deemed necessary and/or assigned by the supervisor. Additional tasks associated with specific shifts may include providing individual and/or group counseling; menu planning; acknowledging donations to the program; assigning household duties to residents; training volunteers or interns; processing, sorting and storage of donated items, etc.
Education: Bachelors degree in Social Work or a degree in a closely related field required. Applicants with five or more years internship or working experience with victims of domestic violence or similar work experience in family violence or residential programs may be qualified for position with experience considered as substituted for degree.
Job Knowledge: Requires ability to work well with women in crisis who may represent various socio-economic and/or cultural backgrounds’ assist women in making informed choices and decisions; basic knowledge of resources in the community as well as awareness of dynamics related to family violence.
Physical Requirements: Moderately high noise level from telephones and client activity, Must be able to move about frequently, lift lightweight to moderately heavy items and be able to see, hear, speak, listen and ambulate to provide services for clients.
1. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays.
2. Valid AZ driver’s license and reliable transportation, insurance, registration.
3. Must have CPR, First Aide certification.
4. Due to oversight regulations incumbents are required to have an annual TB test.
5. Must possess or be eligible for fingerprint clearance.
EEO/M-F/H We Value Diversity!
To apply go to our website www.catholiccharitiesaz.org,click on “about us” then “employment” then do a job search for the position, or simply search all to see all of our opportunities.